With numerous hotels located in close proximity to Nouméa’s bays, you have the option to stay right in the heart of the action. Situated in the southern districts of the capital, Baie des Citrons and Baie de l’Anse-Vata are easily accessible via public transport. From the city centre, approximately 8 km away, you can reach them in about 15 minutes. Tanéo Bus Line N1 operates regularly between Place Moselle in the city centre, the bays, and the Ouémo district. Alternatively, you can opt for a local taxi if you haven’t rented your own vehicle.
- By bus: Line N1 (Tanéo)
- By cab: Taxis de Nouméa – 28.35.12 (Available 24/7)
- Check the schedule for live concerts at the bars in Baie des Citrons and Anse-Vata.
- Visit the Aquarium des Lagons before embarking on your snorkelling adventure at sea.
- Treat yourself to an ice cream at Amorino in Anse-Vata or Baie des Citrons after a leisurely session!
- Don’t forget sunscreen and a hat if you visit during the day.
- For a first-time stand-up paddle or kayak experience, choose a calm, windless day. If you’re not on-site, you can check out the webcam at Anse-Vata!