The park covers the communes of Farino, Sarraméa and Moindou in New Caledonia’s South Province. From Nouméa, it takes 1h45 by car to reach it. The itinerary takes the RT1, the main route linking the south and north of Grande Terre. The entrance to the Grandes Fougères park is 6 km from the village of Farino. Line 12 buses run by the Raï bus network operate between Nouméa and Farino. Please note, however, that you’ll need to find your own way to the park entrance. From the Place de la Mairie, head towards the Plaine aux Truies, then Route de la Scierie. Follow this road for 6 km until you reach the park’s free parking lot.
- The park is open every day except Tuesday, from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (entry until 3:30 p.m.)
- Entrance to the park is priced at 300/400 XPF (free for children under 6)
- Picnic tables on site (bring your own lunch)
- Bring good shoes! Walking sticks may be useful in wet weather
- Pets are not allowed
- Payment only by cheque or cash
- Removal of any plant, mineral or animal from the park is strictly forbidden